Monday, March 2, 2015

2010 Brunello di Montalcino


I just returned from Tuscany where I tasted all the latest vintage releases of their red wine. Of special note is Brunello. Front and centre this year was the 2010 vintage. If you’re looking for big, bold, ripe Brunello with great fruit structure and aging potential, then this vintage will definitely not disappoint. The wines are packed with juicy, sweet dark cherry, leather, tar, licorice and chocolate and they have a very firm, solid backbone. The vintage is rated five out of five stars by the consortium, but if I could give it a higher rating I would. Yes, the wines are that good. Across the board, all the wines I tasted from this stellar year were spectacular. Well worth stocking up on and will provide decades of wonderful sipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment